About When Words Collide
- To bring together the literary community, both readers and writers, in Calgary and beyond, for a sharing of information, for learning, and to build a sense of community.
- To bring a wide variety of writers together to share tips and information
- To appeal to readers of many genres : Mystery, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Romance, Literary, Historical, Western, Film scripts, Poetry...
- We would like a broad presence of local writers and other experts not only attending, but participating on panels.
Date and Place
August 9-11, 2013, Carriage House Inn, 9030 Macleod Trail South, Calgary, Alberta.
Guests of Honour
Patricia Briggs (Historical Fantasy, Fantasy), Barbara Fradkin (Mystery), Michael Cassutt (Screenwriter, SF, non-fiction), D.B. Jackson (David B. Coe) (Historical Fantasy), David B. Coe (Epic Fantasy), Shirlee Smith Matheson (Children's, YA, non-fiction), Jamis Paulson (Editor, Turnstone/Ravenstone Press).
Four concurrent streams of programming, including panels of speakers debating topics on:
- Art (cover / interior)
- Kaffe klatches (meet a Guest of Honour or other author in a small group setting)
- Pitch sessions
- Blue-pencil café
- Merchant's Corner
Merchants' Corner for local booksellers, publishers and writers' groups to advertise / sell books / display art (fee applies). Includes a freebie table for affiliate groups to share information and a table for local authors to sell their books and do signings.
Parties will be held over the weekend as informal opportunities for readers, writers, Guests of Honour, editors and publisher to meet and mingle.
Current registration cost is $55 CAD per attendee (student/senior and child rates available). Registration cost at the door is higher (see Registration for details).
More information at When Worlds Collide
Post a Comment
Comments are restricted to members of the blog due to the amount of spam being received.
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.